Here are 24 reasons why I am a happy lil' lady this year.
1) I have learned to follow my heart.
2) I learned that although it was my Blink 182 year, people DO like you when you're 23.
3) Even though you're vegan, you can still eat like shit.
4) You can have a great relationship with your parents even when you're not at home.
5) DO ALL THE THINGS.
6) SAY NO TO WHATEVER YOU WANT.
7) It's fine to stay home on a Saturday and it's also fine to dance your pants off.
8) Catharsis is a real, real, real thing and can cure literally anything.
9) Home is a relative term and you can have more than one.
10) Some of the most beautiful moments I have ever seen have been in the dirtiest places, aka the NY subways.
11) Having absolutely no social life is worth it when you're working hard towards a goal.
12) Following goals and dreams is wicked fucking cool.
13) Patience. In careers, people, and yourself.
14) I am surrounded by a bright bright circle of amazing friends who make me laugh and talk shit to me and even when things get really hard they make me smile a lot.
15) You can't make everybody happy. And that's okay.
16) A lot of bad things have happened this year, but the love and community that has happened after makes me so happy. There is so much light in the world.
17) The apartment I'm in right now has a couch and TV. You never realize how amazing it is to come home and sit on the couch and watch The Office until... you can't.
18) People really do come in your life for a reason. And they have come to me right when I need them. They have left when I needed them to, as well.
19) Blind faith and the "fake it til' you make it" attitude can do wonder.
20) I really like making lists.
21) The things I once hated about myself have become my favorite things about me.
22) I have stood up for myself more than I ever have in my life and whoa baby it's so dope.
23) Being blunt can get you either very far or take you 10 steps back. I've been testing it lately.
24) When you breathe, take in everything around you with open arms, and respond with love to every hardship and celebration, the world gets a lot brighter.
23 has been a year, for sure.
Cheers to more adventures.